Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sideways and Me....a continuation

Disclaimer: I wrote this during the 1st semester of 4th year, i just want to share this to everyone

Miles from that scene finally revealed himself, and what better way to do this than to talk about something that interests him, wine. It was subtle revelation as he talks about himself though symbolized by the very grape from which his favorite brand of wine comes from. Miles lived a lonesome, depressing life. He lived in a shell. But then this event occurred, and someone took him out of his shell. Miles was a bit shy about his life that is why he disguised it by comparison from a grape. But what is seen here is that he finally saw someone who he can trust, someone who can understand him. I can see so much of myself in him.

I lived most of my life in a shell. I'm like a person who is sitting in a corner, letting others pass him by. It was a sad life. I was afraid of sharing my life to other people because I was afraid of what they might say, or what they may think of me. I did not trust people that easily. Like Miles, I was looking for that certain someone who can take me out of my shell, to force me to stand from the corner that I have been sitting on all my life and make me move on. Just like Miles, I have found that someone. God blessed me with this person and made me stand up again. She brought me out of my shell, and you know what, I felt like I was born again. It felt like everything else opened, widened, there was more breathing space. I have found someone who understands me and makes me feel special. She made me feel important to her, and to everyone else. She's a very special person, though she sometimes denies it, she is special to me and to everyone else. I have found my Maya. And like Miles in the movie, I love her.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somewhere out there is the right person for us. They may not be the person right in front of us but they come to us through patience and prudence.

Anonymous said...

an ode to..... ba to??? ahaha:D

Anonymous said...

may kanta ako for you!! hahaa someday by nina